[PLUG] upgrading mozilla breaks evolution

Zot O'Connor zot at whiteknighthackers.com
Wed Aug 20 15:33:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 14:46, Ed Sawicki wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 12:34, Cliff Wells wrote:

> I broke Ximian Evolution the other day by installing the
> latest version of Mozilla.

This is a known issue.  Check the bugs or search the evolution list
archives for mozilla (mail-list (sp?) or google).

If I remember it was library issues, evolution was using some of
mozilla's libraries which moved recently (or the Red Hat build moved
them).

It was one of those surprises that happens when relying on another's
programs.

I believe if you kept the ximian version of mozilla it would work, or
install the newer version on top of the older.

At a minimum there are work arounds posted in the list.

So in this case apt-get did not break anything, installing different
distributions broke it (i.e. non-ximian mozilla).

--
Zot O'Connor

http://www.ZotConsulting.com
http://www.WhiteKnightHackers.com