[PLUG] Oregon Open Source bill 941 hearing summary

Ken Barber mountainman at peak.org
Sat Aug 23 10:19:01 UTC 2003

On Friday 22 August 2003 16:26, John Todd wrote:

> As I said, that may not have been their choice.  I am
> unfamiliar with what version of the RRoO the Senate uses, but
> it does make sense that status quo gets last word.

Well, the Senate doesn't use Robert's Rules of Order, it uses
something called "Senate Rules."  It would have been nice if you
could have educated yourself on their protocol before criticizing
us....

> Is anyone aware of a nationwide mailing list or repository for
> activists pushing for this type of legislation?

A few have been announced but I'm not convinced that any of them
have traction.  There IS a brand-new lobbying group (yeah, PAID
professional open-source lobbyists!) that was announced at
Linuxworld two weeks ago.  They work mostly at the national
level, but they did submit written testimony to our hearing.
They are the Open Source And Industry Alliance (OSAIA) and their
web site lives here:

http://www.osaia.org/

Ken
--
"Independent self-reliant people would be a counterproductive
anachronism in the collective society of the future where people