[PLUG] The lion in Salem

Dylan Reinhardt plug at dylanreinhardt.com
Tue Aug 26 14:38:03 UTC 2003

David Pool wrote:
> I'm curious about how much of the state's e-mail is being served off of
> "lion". Also, is that machine doing anything else (serving up web-pages
> with IIS perhaps)? Finally, is "lion" fully patched?
>
> I need to be explicit here. I am not asking anyone to crack this server,
> just to give opinions on whether it is secure (ok it's running windows,
> but as secure as is possible under windows). Also, frankly anything else
> anyone can legally reveal about the server would be interesting.
> Obviously, if they are running un-registered proprietary software, well,
> that would be worth mentioning.

Holy crap David!  If asking those questions isn't an inducement to
commit ethically questionable acts, I don't know what is.  Let's just
hope that Speaker Minnis gets as little of her mail as her
auto-responder suggests

Thank you ever so much for making high-quality technical services a
little bit harder to sell in Oregon.

Dylan