[PLUG] Using a new domain name

borodimer boro at borosenclave.com
Wed Aug 27 15:10:03 UTC 2003

Rich,

>   Except then I have no IP address or route to the 'Net.

That would be a problem. =)

>   Does this mean that I can install tinydns on the same physical box as
> dnscache, but assign the world visible IP address in tinydns-conf? The way I
> read the Web page the answer appears to be "yes", but I want to confirm this
> before I do anything. Otherwise, I suppose I need to physically install
> tinydns on the second workstation.

The answer to your question is yes.  When you install tinydns you will bind it
to your outside ip (x.x.x.x:53) and your dnscache to your internal ip
(192.168.55.y:53).  There are certainly other options that could be accomplished
with port forwarding on your firewall, but generally the above is a simple
setup.

  - Phil