[PLUG] The lion in Salem

Ken Barber mountainman at peak.org
Thu Aug 28 10:39:01 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 21:49, Dylan Reinhardt wrote:

> ...your hubris is astonishing.  Are you really *that* much
> smarter than the army of IT professionals the state already
> employs?

Probably.  The state's IT workers aren't the brightest lights on
the Christmas tree, if you get my drift....

They're members of a public employee union.  Performance -- or
even competence -- is not a job requirement.

I saw a lot of ignorant MCSEs with inflated egos when I worked
there.  Thought they knew everything, but... well....  they're
MCSEs.  'nuff said.

Ken

P.S.  Interesting that THIS particular .sig came up at this
particular time (I use a script that picks them at random)....
--
"Nothing is given to man on earth.  Everything he needs has to be
produced.  And here man faces his basic alternative:  he can