[PLUG] Postfix body checks - inbound only?

Steven Raymond stever at woo-hoo.com
Thu Aug 28 14:07:01 UTC 2003

Is there any way to make Postfix not perform the body_checks (perhaps any
anti-UCE checks) for local users sending mail(particularly root)?

Here's my current problem.  I have a cron job that (with pluggers' help)
emails me every time Postfix rejects a message for any reason.  So a spam
comes in which is rejected for a body check reason "e.g. buy v1agr@ or
die!!".  No problem yet.  This text gets logged as normal in
/etc/log/maillog with the offending line, including the offensive text.
My script then tries to email the log exerpt (grep 'reject'
/etc/log/maillog) as root but is then bounced by Postfix again, because
-suprise!- it has spam content.
Not the end of the world, but I would like to exempt root or certain local
users, from being subject to the body_checks filter.  Or any other
workaround that may fix it.  Note that I already have a white list file
called permit-domains ala Rich & Ed's suggestions.  That works great
_except_ that it does not seem to bypass the body_checks file- they still
happen regardless of the whitelist permission.

Thanks!