[PLUG] Remote access to Windows machines

Colin Kuskie ckuskie at dalsemi.com
Thu Aug 28 15:37:28 UTC 2003

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 03:19:06PM -0700, Sean, Sharon and Kyle Harbour wrote:
> Use rdesktop on linux if you have configured your windows 2000
> servers with the 2 user admin version of windows terminal server.
>
> Use VNC for basic cross platform remote control between windows and
> *nix. www.tightvnc.org and www.tridiavnc.com reportedly work well.
>
> Does anyone have a comparison between tightvnc and tridiavnc?
>
> > Does tridiavnc also take care of the PPTP connection?
>
> What do you mean?

Speaking from ignorance...

It seems like remote administration from Windows is a 2 part
solution:

1) Connect to remote network using some VNC that implements PPTP (tool1).
2) Establish remote connection to server desktop (tool2)

Tridiavnc advertises itself like a desktop, but has VNC in the name
so I was hoping it might be an "all in one" tool.

Colin