[PLUG] Retrieving mail from another domain

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Thu Aug 28 22:03:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Can I manually run fetchmail to poll that server when I want to
> see if there's anything there for me?

Yes. Set up your .fetchmailrc and then run fetchmail from the command
line. Alternatively, you can automate it. I start up fetchmail in
daemon mode every morning and shut it down in the evening:

  [/tmp]$ crontab -l | grep fetchmail
  0    6   *   *   1-5  fetchmail --daemon  300
  0    7   *   *   6-7  fetchmail --daemon 1200
  4   17   *   *   *    fetchmail --quit

If the remote server supports SSL, then you can specify encrypted
connections with fetchmail too.

>   If I want any reply to show that domain, do I need to manually
> tweak something in pine for each such message?

Have you done any work setting up Roles in pine? They'd be the key
here. I define a role for each of my mail accounts, and then use that
role when replying in that account's context. Let me know if you want
some further info along those lines.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>