[PLUG] Retrieving mail from another domain

Paul Mullen pem at nellump.net
Thu Aug 28 22:08:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 07:13:30PM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Can I manually run fetchmail to poll that server when I want to see if
> there's anything there for me?

Yup. Just run it like any other command-line utility. Make sure there's
no daemon polling interval related settings in .fetchmailrc, though.

>   If I want any reply to show that domain, do I need to manually tweak
> something in pine for each such message?

Don't know about pine. mutt lets you set "folder-hooks" that can make
these changes automatically depending on what mail folder you're viewing
(and there are probably other ways, too). I'd guess pine has some way of
automating the process.

Paul