[PLUG] Re: Consumer Choice

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Fri Aug 29 10:59:01 UTC 2003

Paul Johnson wrote:

> The only way that message is ever going to sink in is if you send a
> letter to each company considered that they lost because of service by
> certified mail.  Phone monkies don't get paid enough to care bout much
> more than whether or not they're going to get rent in on time and
> still have money for food.

Most of the folks I knew on the phone cared most if they got their call
quota covered.

30 calls per day (in 6 hours phone time) for Technical Support.

100 calls per day (in 6 hours phone time) for Customer Service.

We had 2 hours per day that were devoted to other projects, not phones.
Except when call volume was heavy.

Of course, this was Symantec, before the change. I understand it much
more oppressive at places like Stream and Sitel.

--
Russ Johnson
Stargate Online