[PLUG] Rogan's procmail recipe works, but...

Michael C. Robinson michael at goose.robinson-west.com
Fri Aug 29 20:33:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 19:55, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
> Redirecting to plug puts messages to a file named plug instead of a mail
> box plug under evolution.  This however will work great if I know what's
> spam though as I can send it to /dev/null.  Anyone know how to send to
> the right folder under evolution?
>
>      --  Michael

OK, if you replace the PLUG in his example with the path to the mbox
file under evolution you use for plug, that seems to work right.

I'm noticing some other files there though and it looks like evolution
may have it's own way other than procmail to do the same thing.
The files I'm seeing are folder-metadata.xml, local-metadata.xml,
mbox.ibex, and mbox.ev-summary.  Are any of these upadted when mail
is moved to this folder manually or what are these files?

I don't get what a deliverable filter is unless that's what Rogan
put up.  The man page says something about halting processing and
make sure to use lock files properly.

     --  Michael C. Robinson