[PLUG] Controlling window size for an application

Mark Martin mmartin at u.washington.edu
Fri Aug 29 23:47:02 UTC 2003

On Thursday 28 August 2003 16:47, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, AthlonRob wrote:
> > I think most these days allow you to hold down the ALT key and drag the
> > window around with the primary mouse key.. from anywhere, as though you
> > were pulling on the title bar.
>
>   Ta-da! Woiks. I completely forgot about the alt-drag capability.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Rich

Rich,

You also might want to look at the -geometry option for X apps.  You can read
about this in the "GEOMETRY SPECIFICATIONS" section of the X man page.

Mark
Mark A. Martin, Ph.D.
Applied Mathematics -- Software Development -- Systems Administration
Currently available for employment.
See http://www.amath.washington.edu/~mmartin/resume/ for details.