[PLUG] commercial VPN site hosting?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Dec 1 15:25:03 UTC 2003

I had a bit of a scare today, when I found that Comcast has started
blocking ping.  I have heard tales of them blocking other ports in
other regions, and I should be prepared for future buttheadedness.

Are there any commercial services that offer "static IP at one end,
VPN at the other end?"  With such a service, I could VPN out through
my comcast line, and put up my ports and an IP address to hang my
present incoming services (ping, smtp, ssh, http redirect) on.

A service that also hosted webpages, and supported CGI for perl and
wiki, would be even better.

I don't need the service now (unless it is cheap) but it would be
nice to plan in advance of need.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom           keithl at ieee.org         Voice (503)-520-1993