[PLUG] Setting UP TCP/IP in Linux

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon Dec 1 17:15:03 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 22:58, Andrew L. Rice wrote:

> I am a Linux newbie and I need some advice on how to set up tcp/ip in
> Linux.  What is the command line syntax to check the ip address and
> how do you go about changing the settings?

"ifconfig" is the command that does the work, however most distributions
have a tool to make life easier.

In Redhat you can type "netconfig" and get a network configuration
utility.

What distribution are you using?

--

"If we can't compete with some guy sneaking a camera into the theater,
or a blurry, encoded, postage stamp-sized file, then please -- just