[PLUG] bug in vim-enhanced for fedora core?

Colin Kuskie ckuskie at dalsemi.com
Tue Dec 2 09:14:02 UTC 2003

I updated from RH9 to Fedora Core 1 last night, and everything went
great (except that they still haven't integrated the ethernet drivers
for the Dell Inspiron 1100 yet.)  The upgrade took about 1.5 hours.

However, I quickly noticed that in vim (from the vim-enhanced package)
the built-in perl interpreter does not seem to work anymore.  Trying
a simple command like this:

:1,$perldo 'tr/a-z/A-Z/;'

doesn't do anything, not even to generate an error message.

If any of y'all use vim, know perl and have FC1 installed, would you
mind trying this to help verify the problem?  I'll be downloading the
source RPMs to make sure that everything is configured right.

Thanks,
Colin