[PLUG] no sound w/ devfs

Finn Finn at graveyard-freelance.org
Tue Dec 2 12:32:01 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 06:46 pm, Rogan Creswick wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 09:48:35AM +0000, Finn wrote:
> > there is no dsp in either /dev/sound and /dev/snd, and i'm not using ALSA
> > so I
>
> It sounds like the sound module is not loaded.. did you recently
> install/recompile a kernel?
yes I did recompile the kernel recently but the logs show the module as loaded

> What sound card are you using, and what is the output of lsmod?
c-media 8738 series
lsmod lists
<paste>
cmpci                  23352   0  (unused)
snd-cmipci             17280   0  (unused)
snd-pcm                55104   0  [snd-cmipci]
snd-page-alloc          5748   0  [snd-pcm]
snd-opl3-lib            5476   0  [snd-cmipci]
snd-timer              13764   0  [snd-pcm snd-opl3-lib]
snd-hwdep               4672   0  [snd-opl3-lib]
snd-mpu401-uart         3008   0  [snd-cmipci]
snd-rawmidi            13152   0  [snd-mpu401-uart]
snd-seq-device          3776   0  [snd-opl3-lib snd-rawmidi]
snd                    29348   0  [snd-cmipci snd-pcm snd-opl3-lib snd-timer
snd-hwdep snd-mpu401-uart snd-rawmidi snd-seq-device]
soundcore               3588   3  [cmpci snd]
</paste>