[PLUG] IBM Wins Both Motions

D. Cooper Stevenson cstevens at gencom.us
Fri Dec 5 13:09:01 UTC 2003

All,

Over at Groklaw from a "Grokker" who attended the SCO hearing:

First Report from Grokker Inside Hearing: IBM Wins Both Motions to Compel

Friday, December 05 2003 @ 02:30 PM EST

Our first report from a Groklaw volunteer, sam, who attended the court hearing
is that IBM won both of its motions to compel and SCO's motion was set for a
later date. Here is what sam is telling us, and it's subject to further
information and confirmation as more news arrives. We have several attending
and I'll do a followup, but this is the first word. Here is what sam is telling
us:

"Just returned from the hearing.

"Needless to say there was blood all over the floor on the SCO side of the aisle
none on the 'left' side.

"Judge granted both IBM motions to compel, gave SCO thirty days to comply 'with
specificity' and suspended further discovery. Did not rule on the SCO motion
until next hearing scheduled for Friday, Jan 23 and 10:00 am.

"SCO did say that they will be filing a complaint within days on copyright
violations.

"More to come"
So it looks like they have 30 days to finally tell us what code they are talking
about "with specificity". Finally.

| Cooper Stevenson        | Em:  cooper at gencom.us            |
| General Computer        | Ph:  541.924.9434                |
| "Open For Business"     | Www: http://www.gencom.us        |