[PLUG] Conversion to Cyrus IMAP

Holger Stephan holger001 at frogleg.net
Fri Dec 5 20:53:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 17:35, Zot O'Connor wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 22:02, Holger Stephan wrote:
> > Is there a conversion tool for the Cyrus maildir format? The ones I found
> > don't seem to be able to support Cyrus.

> There are a number of tools.  Remember that Cyrus allow mails in
> folders, so you could attempt to grab the root folder and just copy it.
> Should working in mozilla/evo.

I haven't come across a converter that would create the Cyrus structure
with the maildir and the index files. Courier yes, but not Cyrus.

Now I don't want to mess with the setup any more (you could have told me
what a PITA this is ;) But it would surprise me if you can plop mboxes
into Cyrus' data structure and it would pick it up. Maybe I
misunderstood you too.

> Search google groups for the imap group on this.

That I did. I thought.

- Holger