[PLUG] Setting up for modem use on laptop

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Dec 7 18:51:02 UTC 2003

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, AthlonRob wrote:

> Did it bail out at those or continue on to completion?  If you were able
> to run make, below, I assume that means it exited with an OK status.

  Two more steps to completion.

> That looks, to me, like you have a mismatched include file version or
> something.  It's either looking for a specific Berkeley DB version, or
> wants some other DB headers that aren't Berkeley DB... but I think it's
> Berkeley DB they're looking for... what versions do you have installed?

  db1, db2, db3, db4. :-)

  I wondered why it's looking for the Berkeley DB, but I've no idea what
wvstreams needs a database for.

> Does the output if ./configure --help list anything about Berkeley DB?
> If so, try disabling it and see if you can get any further... I wonder
> if you really *need* this wvbdbhash (WVdial Berkeley DB Hash?)...

   Shrug.

> Wait, it's supposed to be out of the box, as in Pat includes it on one
> of the CDs?  Then why not use Pat's build of it?  :-)

  Oh, no. It's not on any CD-ROM. I thought you meant it should build and
run on any system.

  The laptop's off now so I'll check tomorrow morning to see what configure
has to say about it.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)