[PLUG] what is the point of PGP-signed emails?

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Sun Dec 7 20:04:01 UTC 2003

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 07:18:34PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Even after editing ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf I still can't get mutt to download
> > a pub key.  Still getting the same error as before:
> >
> >    gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
> >    gpg: Total number processed: 0
> >
> > Anything else that I need to edit or otherwise mess with?
>
> It's not a good signature at all, the signature itself is borken or fake.

This is after trying C-k on an email from you.  So, I doubt that the
signature is broken or fake.  What could be the problem?  Perhaps the
"pgp_import_command" in .muttrc?  I have it set to:

   set pgp_import_command="gpg --import -v %f"

Does that look right?  Or am I even looking in the right direction?

Brian

--
"The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth
them that trust in him." -- Nahum 1:7 KJV

We are solar powered; we are powered by the Son.  -- Doug Rowse, 2003

If God were small enough to fit into my head He wouldn't be big enough
to worship.  -- Brett Meador, 2002