[PLUG] what do you use Emacs for?

Felix Lee felix.1 at canids.net
Mon Dec 8 19:08:02 UTC 2003

reading, writing, math, editing, programming, email, dired, chat
client.  my screen is usually entirely rxvt and emacs windows.
the only other "application" I use regularly is mozilla
(firebird), which is annoyingly big and heavy.  I'm amused that
people who a decade ago were griping about bloatiness of emacs
are today happily using web browsers that are orders of magnitude
bigger and more complex.

firebird uses up a lot more screen real estate too.  I feel like
I'm constantly fighting guis to get a screen that's filled with
meaningful information rather than 'chartjunk'.