[PLUG] Evolution and LDAP

Holger Stephan holger001 at frogleg.net
Tue Dec 9 15:32:01 UTC 2003

I'm trying to hook up Ximian's Evolution to an OpenLDAP server. Also, I
want to be able to add/change stuff. That calls for authentication.
While there is a field to provide the distinguished name for login, I
find nothing for the password. And the authentication fails too.

Anybody know how to make this work?

Say, does storing customer and lead contacts (=marketing data) in LDAP
make sense at all? It is my attempt to get something like the MS
Exchange Server to work in house for mixed Windows/Linux stations. But
with LDAP's emphasis on securing data over providing ways to add/change
data I have my doubts.

Thanks!

- Holger