[PLUG] USB serial support

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 9 16:46:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Zot O'Connor wrote:

> Get the latest, or make sure you have it.

Zot,

  Got the latest, converted the rpm to tgz and installed it.

  I discovered there's a /sbin/hotplug, so I tried that. The message was to
run '/etc/hotplug.d/defaults/default.hotplug usb', as usb is the Agent I
want. Did that.

  The connect light on the adapter does not come on.

> I am not sure what it does, but it probably resets things.  Rebooting
> should do the trick (yes rebooting since this watches and loads modules).

  I'll try this again ...

  I don't see any difference in the process list and cannot get a light on
the adapter.

  Sigh. I don't know what I'm missing here. It _can't_ be that difficult.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>