[PLUG] Re: OT - License plates and covers.

Karol Kulaga root at loraksus.org
Wed Dec 10 00:39:02 UTC 2003

Three words: windshield washer sprayer.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin at lists.pdxlinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin at lists.pdxlinux.org] On Behalf Of guy1656
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 11:30 PM
To: plug at lists.pdxlinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] Re: OT - License plates and covers.

Paul Johnson wrote:
: On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 04:42:14PM -0800, Russ Johnson wrote:
: > Where is this specified? Where in Oregon Law does it say that I
can't
: > have a clear plastic license plate cover?
: >
: > Another question I can't find the answer to in any O.R.S. is,
where does
: > it say I must have a front license plate?
:
: It helps to know the state calls them "registration plates."  The
way
: it reads to me is you get issued a certain number of plates, you
have
: to mount both where they're plainly visible (and not covered or
: vandalized with shellac, or in the case of front plates, thrown on
the
: dashboard).  Use your head: Why bother having license plates if
you're
: going to hide them?

A fun thing to consider:

Does the law clearly forbid 'conditioning the atmosphere' in the
vicinity of
the plate so as to render the plate illegible? In other words,
although there
is no physical object between the plate and the viewer, a small array
of
Tesla coils around the periphery of the plate could draw arcs across
the
viewing area at a distance from the plate and prevent the numbers from
being
read or photographed. Perhaps plasma channels may not be covered or
defined
sufficiently by the words of the law. If that is the case, then a sort
of
instant-on mini lightning generator (think Spencer's) might work for
coasting
through those darn photo-intersenctions...

GLL