[PLUG] License plates and covers.

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Wed Dec 10 10:36:02 UTC 2003

* Brent Rieck <bsr at spek.org> [2003-12-09 18:48]:
> Russ Johnson wrote:
> >Where is this specified? Where in Oregon Law does it say that I can't
> >have a clear plastic license plate cover?
>
> ORS 803.550

OK, so this one I could argue. By definition, a "clear plastic license
cover" does not alter the appearence of a license plate. Of course, this
also behooves the owner to clean the cover... But I see a lot of dirty
plates that are unreadable as well. Maybe I could design a program in
linux to clean my plates automatically? (

A smoke colored cover would alter it, so I can see where this is illegal.

> >Another question I can't find the answer to in any O.R.S. is, where does
> >it say I must have a front license plate?
>
> ORS 803.535

Ack, talk about really obscure language. I understand it, but wouldn't
it have been easier to say, "... plates shall be affixed to the front
and rear of the vehicle..."??

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #17 (Collect all 22)
"I wasn't as smart then as I am now. But who ever is?" - Tina Turner