[PLUG] License plates and covers.

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Dec 10 23:09:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Russ Johnson wrote:
> > Is this really a greater concern than public safety?  Doesn't that show
> > some pretty fucked-up priorities?
>
> Fuck you too.

No reason to make it personal.  I just asked a question.

> License plates have NOTHING to do with public safety. It's a way for the
> government to id you at speed.

Identifying a vehicle at speed is how we can protect people from rampaging
motorists and at-risk behavior.  A license plate identification has taken
many a criminal off the streets.

> > > Specifically, Corvettes, Camaros and many other sporty type cars are
> > > not designed to integrate the plate into their design.
> >
> > The public should not have to accomodate the whims of designers.
>
> But the public is forced to subsidize "art" in buildings.

Huh?!?  The public is "forced" to subsidize "buildings" on art!

> > > In this case, it's nothing of the sort, as a friend was cited for
> > > having his plate in the window, since the bumper mount was striped
> > > and would not hold it.
> >
> > Nothing of what sort?
>
> Is it my fault you can't understand plain English?

All you wrote was "the sort", but there is no referenced class of "sorts".

> > Which question?  Your writing is very unclear.
>
> Only to you.

Only I bother to tell you.

J.
--