[PLUG] sound no longer working after upgrade to RH9

Fedor Pikus fedorp at wv.mentorg.com
Thu Dec 11 10:51:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Brian Quade wrote:
> Okay, I didn't know to look in modules.conf.  Fortunately, I made a
> backup of my system before I did the upgrade, so I compared my new
> modules.conf to my old one.  The 3 lines that set up my sound system
> modules had been removed for some reason, but everything else was
> exactly the same.  So I copied in the old modules.conf and it works
fine
> now.
Yeah, I think the installer wants you to rerun sndconfig instead of just
migrating the old module lines (module names change, new drivers get
added,
this sort of stuff). Usually sndconfig gets run at some point during the
upgrade, but may be it decided to skip it for some reason, or you hit
cancel
in the wrong place.