[PLUG] OT License plates and covers.

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Thu Dec 11 18:58:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 18:23, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Actually, mass transit fares usually pay between 40 and 60% of
> TriMet's income depending on what all is going on.  The motorist
> equivalent, being gas tax, vehicle registration, parking meters, and
> the occasional toll road don't quite cover 10% of the ODOT budget.  So
> really, everybody is stuck subsidizing motorist's free use of vehicle
> storage space outside of downtown areas, free access to non-toll
> roads, noise, air and water pollution.  Who's screwing whom here?

I'm not sure on this one, but it seems to me Tri-Met uses buses a lot.
I think those buses drive on the same roads I drive on.

I think most parking outside of downtown areas is in parking lots.  Or
garages.  Or driveways.  Or all three.  Maybe in Portland most folks
park their cars on the streets outside their homes?  They don't in the
areas I have lived, that's why we have garages and driveways.

I have a solution, though... I was just thinking about it earlier
today... we give the 'Portland Metro Area' to Washington.

Rob