[PLUG] Upgrading from Red Hat 7.3 to ...

Holger Stephan holger001 at frogleg.net
Fri Dec 12 23:45:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 22:48, Evan Heidtmann wrote:
> I am currently running Red Hat Linux 7.3 on my server.  With the
> discontinuation of support from Red Hat, I have been looking at the
> alternatives.

In a similar situation I decided for SuSE. With Fedora's moving toward
bleeding edge I didn't think it was a good choice for a server. For
marketing reasons I wanted a widely accepted distribution (it makes it
easier to get around IT when selling and deploying our boxes).

I found SuSE to be an easy transition from Redhat. No regrets so far.

- Holger