[PLUG] Errors during Debian install

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun Dec 14 13:36:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Evan" == Evan Heidtmann <clydefrog at adnap.no-ip.com> writes:

Evan> Hi.  Last night, I installed Debian (stable, apparently) on my
Evan> desktop to get acquainted with it before I install it on my
Evan> server. Nearly everything went through fine, but at least one
Evan> package failed during the "setting up" stage of apt-get
Evan> installing it.  Because I was installing 478 packages at the
Evan> same time, both the name of the package and the error message
Evan> flew off the top of the screen before I got a look at it.

Run "apt-get upgrade" again and if it is still failing, it should show
up with a lot less clutter.  As to the install log, I don't know the
answer off the top of my head.

--
Russell Senior         ``With a heavy dose of fear and violence and a lot
seniorr at aracnet.com      of money for projects, I think we can convince