[PLUG] Re: WiFi Card

Kris krisa at subtend.net
Mon Dec 15 00:39:01 UTC 2003

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 09:32:57PM -0800, Zot O'Connor wrote:
> That must be new.  All the cheap sets I've ever looked were prism.

Seems to me that a lot of vendors are moving away from prism.  I purchased a
Linksys WMP11 after great reviews on personaltelco.net.  Two things have
changed since those wonderful reviews.  A) Cisco owns them now, and B) they
are no longer prism based, but broadcom, which there are no linux drivers
for.

I returned the Linksys for a Dlink DWL-520+.  Same thing.  The DWL-520 was
prism based and well supported by linux, but the "+" is based on a TI ACX100
chipset.  There is a sourceforge project for the ACX100, and I did end up
getting it to work, but so far can not get it to run in an AP mode.  Back to
fry's it goes.

--
I'm just a packet pusher.