[PLUG] SuSE for sell on ebay

Russell Evans russell-evans at qwest.net
Mon Dec 15 14:58:02 UTC 2003

I promised to post the reply I got form SuSE on buying from Ebay.

Thank you
Russell

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:40:40 +0100 (CET)
From: "Business-Support" <nstts+20031209430005191 at suse.com>
To: "Russell Evans" <russell-evans at qwest.net>
Subject: Re: Ticket [20031209430005191] SuSE 9.0

Dear "Russell Evans",

many thanks for your request.

You wrote:

> There appear to be a number of people selling copies of SuSE 9.0 on
> Ebay, is this OK? We have a number of people on our LUG that have
> interest in buying from Ebay if it is.

It is illegl to sells SUSE unless it is accompanied with a registration
key. SUSE can be given away without a key, but each sold version must be
a fully licensed copy accompanied by a registration key.

Thanks for the information.

--
Best regards,

Rick Holzer
SUSE LINUX, INC.

> http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=suse+9.0
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yfz2
>

> Thank you
> Russell

Yours sincerely,

    Rick Holzer (Business-Support <nstts at suse.com>)

--
SuSE Inc.,                 Tel (US): 888-8754689 extension 5088
318 Harrison st suite 301  Fax:     +1-510-628-3381