[PLUG] JOE named macros

Chris Jantzen chris at maybe.net
Mon Dec 15 18:28:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 06:09:57PM -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Carla Schroder wrote:
>
> > Of course I will share. But I've been pounding on this for a couple of
> > days, and I think there is not a way to do this. So the way to have custom
> > saved macros is use vim, perhaps. :)
>
>   In what situations do you want macros? I could really use a
> key-stroke-replay macro to reformat a reference data file.

In xemacs:

C-x (
start typing
C-x )
M-x name-last-kbd-macro

Then, to use:

M-x macro-name

To save:

C-x f ~/.xemacs/init.el
M-x insert-kbd-macro
C-x C-s

There are also ways to make the macro pause and let the user enter
information interactively. Also you can bind macros to keys, of
course. And so on. :-)

--
chris kb7rnl =->