[PLUG] user-mode-linux kernel that runs on 2.6 host?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Dec 16 13:09:01 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Rob" == AthlonRob  <AthlonRob at axpr.net> writes:

Russell> Anyone know the devfs magic for fixing the bad symlink?

Rob> I went with devfs on my Gentoo laptop and have thus far regretted
Rob> it...  I think the best devfs magic you can do right now is to
Rob> get rid of devfs.

I could easily be wrong on this, but my impression was that rest of
Gentoo assumes devfs.  I recall booting a kernel without it and
getting partially hosed (though I don't remember the details).  Bad
Russell!  I rebuilt with devfs and carried on.

I am assuming it is something in /etc/devfsd.conf that controls the
symlink magic.  The symlink appears when I modprobe the tun module.

--
Russell Senior         ``With a heavy dose of fear and violence and a lot
seniorr at aracnet.com      of money for projects, I think we can convince