[PLUG] /usr/bin/screen help

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Dec 17 10:43:01 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Bill" == Bill Barry <barryb at proaxis.com> writes:

Russell> Is there some other way to automate launching one screen
Russell> session with four windows, each running its own local script?

Bill> If you start screen, then use c-a c to create as many windows as
Bill> you want.  Then switch to the window you want using c-a 1 or c-a
Bill> 0 etc.  In each window you can run whatever you want, then when
Bill> you detach c-a d and reattach using screen -D -R each window
Bill> will be running what it was running when you detached.  Is this
Bill> what you want?

Yes, except that I (ideally) want each of those windows to run
something I tell screen from the command line.  That is, I don't want
to manually go to each window and launch a script, I want to say:

 $ screen <unknown options> run_stuff_in_four_windows.sh
 $ screen -D -R

and find four windows running the four different things that I asked.
Maybe I am asking too much.

--
Russell Senior         ``With a heavy dose of fear and violence and a lot
seniorr at aracnet.com      of money for projects, I think we can convince