[PLUG] deadbeats on contracts. . .

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Wed Dec 17 12:47:01 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 12:55 am, Karol Kulaga wrote:
> It looks like the best thing right now is to file in small claims
> court, but we are looking for some other options, such as repossession
> / putting a mark on the company's credit record. It would be nice to
> have a lawyer actually work for us, but the limited amount that they
> owe us doesn't exactly seem to attract lawyers who don't want money up
> front.

One thing to add to the other good replies-

The one downside to filing in small claims court in Oregon, if that is
one of your options, is they can escalate the suit to a higher court. I
forget the exact details now, but Oregon law is screwy in this regard.
Most states keep small claims cases in small claims court. Once it's in
a higher court there is no way you can represent yourself successfully-
the paperwork alone requires a trained person to handle it.

--
Carla Schroder