[PLUG] InFocus LitePro 580 bulb

Mark Allyn allyn at well.com
Sat Dec 20 14:51:02 UTC 2003

Lets really make this a fun event. For the next Advanced topics
meeting, to be held ad Jax, lets make the adjenda an upgrade
clinic for projectors.

Someone will need to bring a welder, the larger and more complex
the better. Someone will need to bring a plasma cutter (to cut
the metal). Other things that we will need is a drill press,
a bench with a decent vice and perhaps a bending tool (like
those used for sheet metal bending; they weigh only about
400 to 500 pounds); and any other assorted tools.

We would be setting up a full blown metal shop right there
at our meeting at Jax. Then everyone who wants to can bring
an old projector to upgrade to the new enclosed reflector
bulbs that are now out.

Oops, I forget. Someone would also need to bring in an electronics
shop. The starter and power unit may have to be altered to
use the new bulbs. The firing voltages and timing will be
different. The current would be different. You have to limit
the current to these bulbs, otherwise they can be damange.

Talk about a real advanced topic-hands-on-working meeting.

And I am sure that Jax will not only welcome us back, but
perhaps give us a cut in the prices!

Mark Allyn