[PLUG] Yea olde RHL (9) verses Fedora Core 1

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Tue Dec 23 10:19:01 UTC 2003

Well not exactly the same.  I short-cut the last discussion after I heard
what I thought was the important stuff so I have to ask if views on RHL 9
verses Fedora Core 1 for a server update.

A local not-for-profit has a mostly web server set up but it has been
around for a long time computer wise.  Running RHL 6.x which was the
newest version when installed.

They now need andwant some features that it would take far too much effort
to get by cobbling them into that old of a version.

Has anyone done a Fedora server install (minimal)?  Is there any
advantages to falling back to RHL 9?

TIA,
Rod