[PLUG] Yea olde RHL (9) verses Fedora Core 1

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Tue Dec 23 11:42:02 UTC 2003

Paul, Alan;

Thanks for the input.  My biggest concerns are server oriented.  This
system currently runs Apache, mySQL, PostgreSQL, sendmail and uses PHP.
They need archiveable mailing lists (mailman) and I don't have the time to
get minorfish doing that in the manner they want.  They also have a
-REALLY- old webmail solution (W3Mail I think) and would like something
more current. (Suggestions? :-)  I may be doing some paying work for
them and I'll want/need mod_perl for that project.

I have notice a performance difference between RHL 9 and Fedora and I'm
not afraid of bleeding a little.

Again thanks for the input.

Rod