[PLUG] Anyone want a HUGE optical disk jubebox?

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Tue Dec 23 21:33:02 UTC 2003

Allen Montgomery formerly with AllianceInternetSolutions.net
gave or loaned me a huge optical disk jubebox which is now
filling my garage in Portland.  I have sold the garage (and
house and land as well), and need to vacate it SOON.  Unfortunately,
I haven't been able to contact Allen first hand, but I have
made every effort to do so - including contacting his friends
and calling all the "A* Montgomery"s in the Portland phone book.

Thus, I'm giving the box away to anyone who wants it.

So, if you want a several hundred pound refrigarator sized box
contact me SOON by calling me at 541-730-5285.  (Call me as
I'm not likely to check my email over the holidays.  Call me
anytime - Well, any reasonable hour - but Christmas day is
fine - After all, getting rid of this would be a wonderful
Christmas present.)

The box was designed to store about 100 optical disks and move
them into one of four optical drives.  The whole thing is SCSI.
It has a large robotic arm to move the disks which might be
fun to play with.  Moreover, this box would make a wonderful
conversation piece in any geek's living room.  Unfortunately,
my lovely wife, Nancy, isn't into Geek Art in our living room.

So, if anyone wants it, call me before noon on December 26 at
541-730-5285.  After that, I'm taking it to FreeGeek.org or where
ever - assuming I can find a pickup and manpower to haul it away.

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist
                                          Portland Linux/Unix Group