[PLUG] fedora upgrade breaks authentication

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 24 06:12:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Mike De La Mater wrote:

> Fedora Core 1 decided that I needed a firewall installed. It also decided
> that the firewall needed to close off all tcp traffic on ALL lower ports.

Mike,

  Could this be part of Red Hat/Fedora's strategy to make linux more
avaiable to the masses? If they configure a new installation with no
connectivity and demand a firewall, all without suitable documentation in a
large font, they may be trying to protect themselves, and the rest of us,
from naive users.

  I'm just curious and not trying to make any critical points.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>