[PLUG] Moving in to the new partitions

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Dec 27 22:28:01 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Evan" == Evan Heidtmann <clydefrog at adnap.no-ip.com> writes:

Evan> Thanks to everyone!  I managed to get my hands on parted and a
Evan> bootdisk and now have new partitions waiting to become /tmp,
Evan> /var, /usr, and /home.  I am now looking at how to copy all the
Evan> files in the current /var, /usr, and /home to their new
Evan> partitions.  I tried cp, but that destroys all the permissions
Evan> and ownerships.  I can restore these by hand, but is there a
Evan> better tool?

rsync.

seniorr at aracnet.com