[PLUG] where does Red Hat start x?

Chris Jantzen chris at maybe.net
Tue Dec 30 15:45:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 03:34:08PM -0800, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> undesirable contractor.  See, IT directors get VERY worried when you start
> talking about decreasing their staff.  If you point out incompetence,
> you're asking them to tell their boss that incompetence was going on under
> their nose.  They don't like that.

Actually, I've read that it's more like -- reduction in staff ==
reduction in budget/clout against other departments in the
company. And that, in fact, many IT directors *want* more staff, even
if they do nothing. An image of incomptence is certainly unhealthy,
but you can play that card against the marketing department just as
easily. ;-)

--
chris kb7rnl =->