[PLUG] [OT] sorry, MS outlook question...

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Tue Dec 30 22:42:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 22:01, Marvin J. Kosmal wrote:

> Mozilla 1.5 won't connect to the secure server.
>
> I don't know the magic to get Mozilla to go 128 bit??

Mozilla goes 128 bit really easy... unless your distro stripped it for
whatever reason?  It's just like other browsers in this sense.

The real problem is probably in the company's setup of the server... it
is probably set to detect your browser version (rather than wether or
not it is actually 128-bit capable) and compare it to their list of
known good browsers they know are 128-bit encryption capable.  Namely,
Microsoft IE and Netscape Navigator.

I had a similar problem some time back with KWJJ's website (they have
since fixed it).  My browsers were all more than capable of viewing the
website, but the webmaster decided only IE 4.x+ or Netscape 4.x+ were
able to view the website, blocking everybody else out... regardless of
the fact the rendering engines between Netscape 6.1 and Mozilla 1.0 were
virtually identical... if anything, Mozilla's being superior.  Repeated
emails to them seemed to fall on deaf ears.  I recently popped back and
saw I was able to now properly access the site.  Yippeeee.

Rob