[PLUG] Trouble accessing files on CD-R media

Austin Burns austinb71 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 30 23:20:03 UTC 2003

Hello,

I am using Mandrake 9.0.
I am using Gnome.
cdrom is a DVD-ROM drive ( could be a Sony device too, I don't know for
sure).
cdrom 2 (CD-RW)  is a Sony CD-RW CRX160e

/etc/fstab has these settings for the cdrom drives:
/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom iso9660 iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,noauto 0 0
/dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom2 iso9660 iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,noauto,ro 0 0

Here is my problem: I put a disc into either drive. Drive spins up. I
open Nautilus to view the contents of the disc. I see the directories,
and can open them and view the files. I try to access ( copy the file or
load it into an application)  a file: It disappears from view in Nautilus.

( I am trying to access mp3 files archived on CD-R. )

I went into the Mandrake Control Center and modifed the mount points
options to try the supermount option, but that did not help. Plus, I
don't know what setting from the control center (or in fstab) to change
my setting to.

Any suggestions??

- Austin

(This is my first post to the PLUG list, yipee! I am a bit of a Linux
newbie, so type slowly and clearly so I can understand you. ha ha.)