[PLUG] GUI sftp

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Wed Dec 31 10:51:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Mike De La Mater wrote:

> Is there a preferred GUI sftp client? I'm hesitant to just find one
> on sourceforge, since I have no idea how secure or honorable the
> intentions of the authors are.

gftp works pretty well, though getting the sftp settings correct can
be a bit frustrating:

After setting the host, port (typically 22 for sftp), user, and
password -- then set the protocol-selection menu to SSH2.

Then, mouse your way to FTP -> Options and

* [optional] In the Network tab, set Default Protocol to SSH2.

* In the SSH tab, check the "Use SSH2 SFTP subsys" box. Uncheck the
  "Enable old SSH protocol" box.

-- Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>