[PLUG] RE: O'Reilly Open Source Convention (Portland, OR) Jul y 7-11 2003

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Sat Feb 1 15:22:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Prutzer wrote:

> >Randal> Ayup.  And it's also very likely going to have a *huge* book
> >Randal> release party by a local famous writer, but I dare not say
> >Randal> who, because my publisher won't let me pre-announce things I'm
> >Randal> working on.
> >
> >Schlosser> Ok, so who's famous and on this message list......
> >
> >"I know.  Pick me, pick me!"
> Carla? You got a book coming out?

I understand Jean Auel will be there, giving a talk about her days working
at Tektronix as a technical writer.

(I was amazed when I heard this, & insisted that it had to be another
``local famous writer", but my source insisted that Ursula LeGuin is not
savvy enough, technology-wise, to interest Tim O'Reilly in anything she
might write.)

Geoff