[PLUG] broadbrand advice

Neil neil at pacifier.com
Sat Feb 1 23:40:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Kris wrote:

> The primary reason I prefer DSL is freedom of ISP.  This is very
> important for competition and keeping service reliable and cheap
> (regardless of the failure of the LEC's to cooperate in some
> situations).

Exactly, at least with the Internet connection you can choose your
provider. Competition is the very core of effective markets.

I would never in a million years get cable access. Hell, I don't even have
cable television and will not get it unless a competitive system develops.
As it stands I will not be overcharged by monopolies.

Neil