[PLUG] floppy problem

Dirk Ouellette hapibeli at attbi.com
Sun Feb 2 08:03:02 UTC 2003

If my bios recognizes the /dev/fd0, if during init

Feb  1 23:48:26 localhost kernel: ide-floppy driver 0.99.newide
then;
Feb  1 23:48:02 localhost updfstab: unexpected file type for /dev/fd0
Feb  1 23:48:02 localhost kudzu: Updating /etc/fstab failed

and if I try;
 mount /dev/fd0
mount: /dev/fd0 is not a block device (maybe try `-o loop'?)

and /etc/fstab is;
defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom1             /mnt/cdrom1
iso9660noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
 and the floppy works in another machine, what does it all mean? Is life
complicated and I'm not meant to understand or is life simple and I
don't have the capacity to comprhend?
Dirk