[PLUG] floppy problem

Russell Evans russell-evans at uswest.net
Sun Feb 2 08:25:02 UTC 2003

If it is an LS-120 then the /dev/fd0 isn't correct. Depending where on the IDE
bus the drive is, it will be /dev/hdX. My guess, if you have an IDE hard drive
based box; the hard drive will be hda, the CDR will be hdc, and the ide-loppy
will be hdd.

If you can, you should move the ide-floppy to its own channel because it is a
slow device. Any faster drive, 66, 100, 133 MHz device on the same channel,
will have to run at 33MHz.

Thank you
Russell